Kerala, India - 10 day tour of Mind, Body and Soul
Creative Travels’ Mind, Body & Soul of India: Explore the beauty and backwaters of Kerala (known as “God’s Own Country”) through yoga, Ayurveda, and regional cuisine.
Location: Kerala (southern India)
Green facts: Throughout your journey, you’ll be walking, cycling, or riding tuk-tuks wherever possible, thereby accounting for a minimal carbon footprint. Locally produced, tropical and organic meals are another highlight on Mind, Body & Soul journeys.
The houseboats used for the backwater cruises are made with materials that are eco-friendly, such as bamboo poles, coconut fibre, ropes, bamboo mats etc. Wastewater recycling and the use of bio-toilets are also common in houseboats. Modern houseboats in Kerala are purposefully designed to meet the Green Palm/Gold Star Certifications put in place by the Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala.
Style: If you’ve always wanted to explore India for its culture, spirituality, colour, wildlife, and food all in one trip, then the Mind, Body & Soul of India journey is ideal for you!
Your journey begins in Kochi, with a cycling trip to explore the little coves and fishing hamlets. From there on, this is a 10-day experience that encompasses, among other things:
- Yoga - led by celebrity yoga expert/tutor Mini Thapar Shastri.
- Ayurveda and meditation sessions.
- Soaking in the local art and culture (dances, martial arts, trips to the famous spice plantations of Kerala).
- Wildlife - visiting the Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Backwater cruises in houseboats.
- Cooking lessons.
- Experiencing local cuisine and hospitality.
During your trip, you’ll be staying at heritage lifestyle resorts and boutique hotels.
Suitable for: Couples, honeymooners, groups of friends, wellness retreat, culture and history enthusiasts.
Wellness: This is, in many ways, primarily a wellness retreat including:
- Ayurveda treatment and spa massages.
- Guided Pranayama or breath control/breathing technique.
- Foot massages.
- Ancient Vedic wellness practices, e.g. traditional Panchakarma with its oil massages and organic meals, besides yoga and meditation.
Priced from: AUD$6,165 per person journey package based on twin sharing basis
Single rooms available for an additional AUD$1,380 (on top of the price above)
This product requires an enquiry to check availability
Does not include airfares. A 30% deposit is required at time of booking, with the remaining balance due 80 days prior to your journey. If booking made within 70 days of departure, full payment is required. A minimum of 2 people is needed to run this trip.
Creative Travel is a preferred tour supplier with offices in India and Australia. They have been offering unique travel itineraries