Uniworld River Cruises
With itineraries in spectacular destinations throughout Europe, Russia, Egypt, and Asia, Uniworld Cruises include their European fleet featuring “luxurious ships with an average capacity of 130 guests, the highest staff-to-guest ratio in the river cruise industry, enticing shore excursions, world-class gourmet cuisine, impeccable hospitality, and numerous other all-inclusive benefits”.
Ideal for couples, families, groups of friends and honeymooners who wish to visit culturally rich destinations with timeless appeal, on a floating boutique hotel and relax in the lap of luxury, with unique and inspiring decor, stately accommodation, stylish restaurants with the most amazing food, and fitness centres and spas!
And Uniworld isn’t only about luxury and style - environmental conservation also plays a huge part in the company’s ethos. Almost a decade ago, Uniworld introduced a clean water program to preserve rivers and waterways. Having partnered with TreadRight Foundation, they’re currently working to help save wildlife and create economic opportunities for women as part of the Aid for Artisans project.
By 2022, they plan to ban more than 60 types of single-use plastics across all operations, including straws, water bottles and plastic bags.
Uniworld has partnered with organisations all over the world for really impactful work:
- They partner with Just a Drop to help provide clean drinking water to those without, donate items and materials that are no longer in use on their ships, develop programs to preserve local culture, and aim to support local businesses in the countries Uniworld ships visit.
- A new partnership with ME to WE combines authentic volunteering with sightseeing in India. This is a 5-day extension to Uniworld’s ‘India’s Golden Triangle and the Sacred Ganges’ cruise, working alongside local residents on a development project.
- They also have a continued partnership with The Travel Foundation, a UK-based charity helping lead the Sustainable River Cruising project - which focuses on minimising the environmental impact of Uniworld’s ships, and the river cruising industry at large.
Their other green initiatives include:
- Introducing Uniworld’s guests to local organic wineries and small, family-run enterprises, thereby supporting environmentally conscious businesses throughout the destinations they visit and bringing economic opportunity to the region.
- After booking your cruise, if you elect to receive your pre-cruise documents digitally, Uniworld will plant a tree in your honor.
- If you’re looking to offset your carbon footprint for an upcoming or previous travel experience, TreadRight Foundation has identified four leading carbon offset programs - Conservation International Carbon Fund, myclimate, The Nature Conservancy, and Rainforest Concern – Forest Credits.