Profile: Tierra Hotels Chile
Tierra hotels: Chilean wilderness and hospitality in one seamlessly tailored experience.
Style: Tierra hotels are boutique family-run lodges set in some of the most stunningly majestic landscapes of Chile - San Pedro de Atacama (Tierra Atacama), the island of Chiloé (Tierra Chiloé), and Torres del Paine National Park (Tierra Patagonia).
Tierra Atacama is built in the northern desert of Chile, with rooms that offer uninterrupted views of the Atacama desert.
Tierra Chiloé Adventure and Spa Hotel is just as the name suggests - the ultimate experience in adventure and relaxation.
Perched on the edge of Lake Sarmiento, Tierra Patagonia is serenely nestled amidst the glorious backdrop of the lakes and peaks of Torres del Paine National Park (a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve).
Suitable for: Couples, families, groups of friends, honeymooners, nature and adventure enthusiasts.
Wellness: Uma Spa treatments incorporate natural ingredients from the region, such as sheep’s milk, honey and clay.
Green hotel facts: Sustainability is central to the Tierra hotels, and all 3 properties have been built with locally-sourced materials:
- Handmade adobe in Tierra Atacama.
- The traditional shingles of Tierra Chiloé.
- The lenga wood used in Tierra Patagonia.
Tierra Atacama is the first hotel in South America to produce solar-powered electricity that meets 100% of its daily needs.
In Tierra Chiloé, the hotel’s design optimizes natural energy sources - they’ve incorporated thermopanel windows which absorb the light and heat of the sun, which along with ‘Low-E’ technology allows for 66% of energy (that would otherwise have been lost) to be saved.
The story behind the construction of Tierra Patagonia deserves retelling - during the construction of Tierra Patagonia, to manage any environmental impact, landscape artists Catalina Phillips and Gerardo Ariztía removed all the on-site vegetation, temporarily nurturing it in a greenhouse before replanting it around the hotel once the building work was complete! The lodge uses LED lighting and controls its thermal efficiency to reduce the cost of energy. They also actively support a reforestation project which aims to plant one million trees across Chilean Patagonia’s national parks.
Other sustainability measures include:
- Digging their own well that taps into an aquifer, which is then pumped up and treated by their reverse osmosis plant for use in the lodge.
- Kicking off a new water project that uses a water filtration process for drinking water. This is a three-stage advanced filtration process that turns the water into fine refreshment while retaining healthy, thirst-quenching minerals.
- Having multifaceted beverage systems for their water dispensers - these filter, disinfect, refrigerate, and carbonate water.
- At Atacama, they’re part of the dual education system at Likan Antai, a technical school where they’ve taken on more than 40 young people as apprentices, under the guidance of experts in the fields of tourism, electricity and agriculture.
Offers and inclusions - CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE PDF
1. The Spirit of Chile (7 nights) Exclusive Benefit - Book 7 nights in any two Tierra properties, and receive USD 1000 off per person and a complimentary night at Hotel Le Rêve in Santiago with breakfast and transfers included*
• Offer valid for travel until 31st May 2019. • Minimum stay must be 7 nights all inclusive. • Programme not valid for travel 20 December 2018 – 2 January 2019
* For Australia and New Zealand residents only
2. Honeymoon - Extra special pampering for newly wed guests
Book a 5 night programme which includes - All services at the Tierra Hotel of their choice, 1 free night at Hotel Le Rêve, Santiago with transfers and breakfast, 1 free night at Lapostolle Residence, Santa Cruz with transfers and breakfast.
At Tierra, Wine from boutique winery Lapostolle with a personalised note from agent, 45 minute harmonising relaxation massage, Romantic open air hot tub (Atacama & Patagonia) or bespoke jacuzzi bath (in room, Chiloé) with sparkling wine & aperitif and Surprise gift.
• Minimum stay in Tierra Hotels is 5 nights. • Programmes not valid for travel 20 December 2018 – 2January 2019. • Offer valid for travel until 31 May 2019
3. Kids & Teens Stay for Free - purchase a 4 night ALL INCLUSIVE stay, we invite one child or teen to stay, dine and enjoy excursions completely FREE with each paying adult (conditions apply)
• Tierra Atacama 1 July | 1 - 30 April 2018 • Tierra Chiloé 1-30 April 2018 1st September - 31 October 2018 1-30 April 2019 • Tierra Patagonia 1 April - 31 May 2018 1 April – 31 May 2019
4. The Spirit of Chile deluxe - purchase a 10 night All Inclusive program and you will receive the following complimentary benefits
• 1 night at The Ritz Carlton, Santiago in a Club Level room, with breakfast and transfers (includes access to Club Lounge and presentation of culinary offerings throughout the day)
• 1 night at Lapostolle Residence, Santa Cruz, with transfers and breakfast
• USD 100 spa voucher per adult
• 15% off published rates
Conditions & Restrictions • Minimum stay in Tierra Hotels is 10 nights, all inclusive programme. • Not valid for travel 20 December 2017 – 2January 2019. • Offer valid for travel until 31 May 2019. • Spa voucher for complete use in one hotel only