Tierra Patagonia, Chile
Tierra hotels: Chilean wilderness and hospitality in one seamlessly tailored experience.
Style: Tierra hotels are boutique family-run lodges set in some of the most stunningly majestic landscapes of Chile - San Pedro de Atacama (Tierra Atacama), the island of Chiloé (Tierra Chiloé), and Torres del Paine National Park (Tierra Patagonia).
Perched on the edge of Lake Sarmiento, Tierra Patagonia is serenely nestled amidst the glorious backdrop of the lakes and peaks of Torres del Paine National Park (a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve). Whether you’re hiking through the mountains or soaking in the sunset with a glass of Chilean wine and sweeping views of the park, your stay here is guaranteed to be special!
Suitable for: Couples, families, groups of friends, honeymooners, nature and adventure enthusiasts.
Wellness: With the silhouette of the Paine Massif as the backdrop of the Uma Spa in Tierra Patagonia’s glass-panelled heated, indoor pool (complete with hydro-massage and water jets) offering views of the wild surroundings, your relaxation here is going to be unlike anywhere else. Experience aromatherapy treatments or yoga, or take your pick between facials, massages, body wraps, scrubs and alternative therapies that are designed to open up your prana (life force).
Green hotel facts: Sustainability is central to the Tierra hotels, and all 3 properties have been built with locally-sourced materials:
- Handmade adobe in Tierra Atacama.
- The traditional shingles of Tierra Chiloé.
- The lenga wood used in Tierra Patagonia.
The story behind the construction of Tierra Patagonia deserves retelling - during the construction of Tierra Patagonia, to manage any environmental impact, landscape artists Catalina Phillips and Gerardo Ariztía removed all the on-site vegetation, temporarily nurturing it in a greenhouse before replanting it around the hotel once the building work was complete! The lodge uses LED lighting and controls its thermal efficiency to reduce the cost of energy. They also actively support a reforestation project which aims to plant one million trees across Chilean Patagonia’s national parks.
Other sustainability measures include:
- Digging their own well that taps into an aquifer, which is then pumped up and treated by their reverse osmosis plant for use in the lodge.
- Kicking off a new water project that uses a water filtration process for drinking water. This is a three-stage advanced filtration process that turns the water into fine refreshment while retaining healthy, thirst-quenching minerals.
- Having multifaceted beverage systems for their water dispensers - these filter, disinfect, refrigerate, and carbonate water.
Offers and inclusions: Upgrade subject to availability USD 100 spa credit per guest.
Please see all latest offers by clicking here