The Sustainable Traveller is joining other global travel companies, organisations and individuals to declare a climate emergency and signed up to Tourism Declares.
- With a collective aim to take purposeful and concrete action to reduce the carbon emissions as per the advice of The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030.
- We will develop a ‘Climate Emergency Plan’ within the next 12 months, which sets out our intentions to reduce carbon emission over the next decade.
- It will set out our actions, measure and reduce our carbon emissions per travellers arising from our operations and the travel services sold by us.
- We already do and will continue to work with suppliers and partners to help others make the same declaration, sharing best practice amongst peers and actively participate in the Tourism Declares community
- We will continue to advocate for positive change across the industry and continue to raise awareness and educate travel advisors and travellers on how to accelerate the transition towards zero carbon air travel and tourism.
Dayana Brooke, Founder of The Sustainable Traveller
Please consider also declaring at www.tourismdeclares.com, and follow on @tourismdeclares on Twitter, Facebook or Linkedin