Rwanda - Women Only Tour with Crooked Compass
Crooked Compass, Rwanda: Explore Rwanda’s inspiring story of re-emergence through its culture, history, and wildlife.
Date: 8th - 18th Oct 2019
Conservation facts: From visiting Nyamirambo Women’s Centre (NWC), a Rwandan NGO that addresses gender-based violence, gender inequality and discrimination through education and vocational training, and staying at the conservation-heavy Akagera National Park, to engaging in fair trade experiences (such as banana juice making and traditional home construction,) and seeing the mountain gorillas and interacting with the Gorilla Doctors - this entire tour is a rich study in the conservation of local wildlife, culture, history, economy, and people.
Style: The Crooked Compass - Remarkable Rwanda tour perfectly captures Rwanda’s rise from ruin to being the most progressive leader in East Africa. This tour is even more special because it’s a women’s-only tour, celebrating Rwanda’s status as one of the world’s safest countries, while also exploring the rich wildlife and culture of the country.
On this tour, you’ll do everything - from seeing the majestic Mountain Gorillas, interacting with Dian Fossey’s Gorilla Doctors and contributing towards their conservation efforts, to getting in touch with the daily lives of Rwandans. It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity!
Suitable for: Women only.
Offers and inclusions:
The tour price includes the following:
- Exclusive use of 4X4 Safari vehicle and an experienced English speaking driver/guide including water and cold drinks.
- 10 nights’ accommodation.
- Chimpanzee trek permit.
- Golden Monkey trek permit.
- Mountain Gorilla trek permit.
- Waterfall permit.
- City Tour Fee.
- Museums and Kings Palace Entry.
- Huye Mountain Coffee Tour Fee.
- Twongerre Womens’ Coffee Coop Experience Fee.
- Azize Life Activities and Home Stay.
- Nyamirambo Women’s Centre walking tour and activities.
- Ibyiwacu Culture Village Entry Fee.
- Gorilla Doctors briefing and tour Fee.
- Canopy Walkway permit.
- Gisoziand Ntarama Genocide memorial site.
- Sundowner boat cruise and drinks.
Does not include:
- International and domestic flights not mentioned above
- Travel insurance
- Items of a personal nature e.g. drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips etc
PRICE: $13,427 AUD per person
$3397 AUD single supplement