Royal Davui Island Resort, Fiji
Royal Davui Island Fiji Resort: Experience barefoot Fijian luxury a million miles away from everyday hassles.
Style: The Royal Davui Island Fiji Resort is an adults-only resort in the Beqa lagoon, amidst everything Fiji is famous for - white sandy beaches, turquoise waters with world-class diving/snorkeling, palm trees, gorgeous sunsets, and the warm Fijian hospitality!
Suitable for: Couples, families, groups of friends, honeymooners, weddings/wedding parties.
Wellness: Royal Davui has partnered with Pure Fiji spa to provide guests with exotic nut and floral extracts blended with fresh coconut milk and virgin coconut oil - to hydrate, condition and protect their skin. Many generations ago, the Pacific Islanders discovered the power of certain exotic nuts in cleansing, softening and protecting their skin and hair, which are generously used for the facials, wraps and massages offered at Pure Fiji.
Green hotel facts: During the construction of the resort, they eliminated the need to cut down old growth trees and also kept the impact of the coral reef to an absolute minimum. The timber used in the construction was purchased from sustainable plantation stock, so as to reduce the impact on the region’s forests.
Environmental reef protection engineering was employed during the construction of the jetty, in order to avoid pile driving.
The resort’s other sustainable initiatives include:
- Royal Davui is the first Fijian island resort to eliminate all single serve plastic items, such as drinking straws, water bottles, and plastic food containers.
- Removing small plastic (toiletries) bottles and replacing them with larger bottles that guests can take back home with them. This has saved countless tonnes of plastic waste.
- Installing a full tertiary water treatment plant so that all wastewater is cleaned and reused as garden water.
- Using a minimum of 80% locally grown produce to make their food, thereby aiding domestic suppliers, reducing preservation packaging, and limiting waste in the process.
- Bedding is changed every third day to minimise the amount of detergents that end up the waterways. All their cleaning chemicals are biodegradable and meet strict environmental standards.
Offers and inclusions: